Do you have an immigration case?

We can help.

Do you have an immigration case?

We can help.

From family-based petitions and immigrant visas to the process of obtaining permanent residence, we can assist you with your immigration case by providing transparency, excellent communication, and efficiency.


Explore Our Services

Click on an icon below to jump to the related content.

Rossana Rolon Grau Testimonials

Permanent Residency, “Green Cards”


Naturalization: Obtaining American Citizenship

deportation defense

Deportation Defense


Nonimmigrant Visas




Permanent Residence, “Green Cards”

Do you have a close relative, such as a spouse, child, or parent, who is a United States (U.S.) citizen or legal resident?

You might qualify to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR), also known as a “Green Card,” to live and work in the U.S.

Through the family preference system, you can obtain permanent legal residence via a process known as “adjustment of status” (if you are inside the U.S.) or through “consular processing” (if you are outside the U.S.). The process begins when the U.S. citizen or resident files a Form I-130 (Petition for a relative)  with evidence of the family relationship.

Permanent Residence through Adjustment of Status

If you are in the U.S. and have an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen or legal resident, you could qualify for an adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident. Adjustment of status is the process by which you can acquire your lawful permanent residence while present in the United States.

If you have been lawfully admitted into the U.S. and have lawful immigration status at the time of applying for the adjustment, this process may be suitable for you. However, some exceptions could apply, even if your immigration status has expired. For example, if you are a close relative of a U.S. citizen and initially entered the country with a visa, you may be eligible for an adjustment of status through a family petition.

Permanent Residence through Immigrant Visa or Consular Processing

If you are outside the U.S. and have an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen or legal resident, consular processing is an option to obtain a Green Card. Through this process, you would obtain an “immigrant visa” at the American embassy in your country, which will allow you to travel to the U.S. to become a lawful permanent resident. For many undocumented immigrants with family ties in the U.S., consular processing may be the only way to fix their immigration status and obtain a Green Card.

Other Adjustments to Obtain Permanent Residence

There are also limited, but available, options to “resolve your immigration status” in the U.S. for those who have entered without authorization or a visa. There are options available if you have an immigration petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before April 30, 2001 (also known as section 245(i)), or are eligible under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Certain relatives of active military service members or veterans may also adjust their status.

Green Card Services<br />


Naturalization: Obtaining U.S. Citizenship

Are you ready to become a U.S. citizen?

To qualify for citizenship through naturalization, you must have had legal permanent resident status or a “Green Card,” for at least five years (or three years if you obtained permanent residence through a U.S. citizen spouse or under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).

A legal permanent resident must be 18 years of age or older, have lived continuously in the U.S. during the required period (3 or 5 years), and demonstrate “good moral character.”

Part of the process includes attending a naturalization interview where you must demonstrate knowledge of U.S. history and civic education, as well as your English language skills.

Book A Consultation

Get peace of mind, expert guidance, and ensure you have the best possible chance to solve your immigration case.


Defense in Deportation Proceedings

Deportation proceedings are administered by the U.S. Department of Justice, not by USCIS. These proceedings begin when the U.S. government accuses you of being in the country in violation of immigration laws and seeks a judge’s order for your expulsion.

Any foreign national—whether with legal status or not in the U.S.—could be subject to deportation proceedings. If you find yourself in the U.S. without legal immigration status or facing legal immigration problems, it is crucial to understand your rights. Deportation proceedings can be challenging, but you have the right to be represented by a lawyer.

We offer defense in these proceedings and work tirelessly to help you avoid deportation in the following cases:

Dismissal of removal proceedings: Sometimes, the U.S. government makes legal mistakes when initiating a deportation process. If you believe there are errors in your deportation case, we can help you file a motion to have your case terminated and protect your right to remain in the country. Additionally, in some cases, we can demonstrate that you are not an enforcement priority for the U.S. government.

International Protection: If you face threats or fear for your safety in your country, we can help you seek protection in the U.S. This includes applying for asylum and other protections covered by international agreements such as the Convention Against Torture (CAT).

Cancellation of Removal (Non-Residents): If you have been in the U.S. for more than 10 years, have a record of good moral character, have not committed certain crimes, and can demonstrate that your deportation would cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to a close family member who is a U.S. citizen or resident—you may qualify not to be deported.

Cancellation of Removal (Permanent Residents): If you are a U.S. permanent resident and are at risk of deportation due to alleged immigration law violations, you still have options! We can help you avoid deportation if you have lawfully resided for at least 7 years in the U.S., have no convictions for aggravated felonies, and can demonstrate that you deserve to remain in the country.

Adjustment of Status: If you are eligible to adjust your immigration status and obtain legal residency, an immigration judge has the authority to grant this important benefit. We can advise and represent you in this crucial process.

Voluntary Departure: If you do not qualify for any immigration benefit that allows you to remain lawfully in the U.S., we can help you request a voluntary departure from the immigration court. This allows you to leave on your terms instead of facing a deportation order. Our experienced team can help you make the best decision for your situation.

Deportation defense


Nonimmigrant Visas

The ABCs of Nonimmigrant Visas

In the American nonimmigrant visa system, A is for diplomats, E is for investors, F is for students, and O is for individuals of extraordinary ability or achievement in certain fields. The options available for nonimmigrants have been compared to an alphabet soup.

A nonimmigrant visa allows a foreign national to travel to the United States for a period and a specific purpose. For example, a visitor for pleasure would need a B-2 visa to enter the United States as a tourist. This visa allows the visitor to remain in the United States for up to 6 months. However, compensated employment is not authorized. The B-1 visa is for individuals coming to the United States for business, such as attending business meetings or signing contracts.

People who wish to come to the United States to engage in specialty occupations or modeling for the fashion industry may qualify for an H1-B visa. The H program authorizes workers to come to the United States with their spouses and unmarried children under 21.

Foreign investors, executives, and entrepreneurs are welcome in the United States under various programs, including E visas (Treaty traders and investors), and L visas (intracompany transferees). Other visa categories, such as the O-1, may also apply. The period of authorized stay in the country and the availability or length of extensions will depend on the visa category and country of nationality.

The P visa category is appropriate for certain athletes, artists, and entertainers, whether individually or as a team or group member.

Individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and those with a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry may come to the United States under O visa classifications.

Each visa category has a set of requirements and qualifications that can be quite rigorous. A thorough consultation with an experienced immigration practitioner is essential for a smooth process.


Asylum And Other Humanitarian Protections

U and T visas for victims of crime, human trafficking and forced labor:  We fight every day to protect our people from these abuses. If you have been a victim of crimes or mistreatment by an unscrupulous employer, or even the coyote himself, there may be a visa for you and even the possibility of obtaining a “Green Card.”

Temporary Protected Status (TPS): The Secretary of Homeland Security may designate a foreign country for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) if conditions there temporarily prevent the safe return of its citizens, or when the country cannot adequately handle the return of its citizens. USCIS may grant TPS to eligible citizens of certain countries (or regions within those countries), who are already in the United States. People without nationality, but whose last habitual residence was in the designated country, may also be covered by TPS.

Political Asylum, Suspension of Expulsion, Convention Against Torture (CAT): Every year, people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear persecution due to:

  • Your racial or ethnic origin
  • Your religious beliefs
  • Your national origin
  • who belong to a particular social group
  • Your political opinion

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain individuals who came to the United States as children and who meet certain guidelines may be considered for deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for a work permit. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to postpone removal proceedings against an individual for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide legal status.

Deportation defense

Book A Consultation

Get peace of mind, expert guidance, and ensure you have the best possible chance to solve your immigration case.